Employment and Internships.
As a career-oriented company, Sage Mountain Beef will help create groundbreaking discoveries in the field of animal husbandry, land management and meat production in an attempt to satisfy the rising demand for fresh, local meat products.
Employees will enjoy a fun, casual atmosphere where hard work and enthusiasm is rewarded with a steady paycheck.
Sage Mountain Beef is committed to having a diverse, honest work place that believes its employees are its greatest asset.
All employee applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and a background check. Sage Mountain Beef is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Consistently voted the best of San Diego’s many Farmers Markets, the Hillcrest Farmer's Market was created in 1997.
The Little Italy Mercado includes more than 140 farm and specialty booths and has grown in three short years to be a favorite of locals and visitors to San Diego as the top destination for fresh organic produce, meats, cheeses, pastas and other authentic foods.
Hillcrest Farmer's Market is open every Sunday from 9 AM until 2 PM. The Little Italy Mercado is open every Saturday from 9 AM until 1:30 PM.
This is a part-time year-round staff position supporting our Marketing Director in the day-to-day operation of the Sage Mountain Beef booths at both of these special markets.
The weekly tasks will vary. The primary responsibilities of the Booth Manager will be to support and extend the reach of Marketing Director’s position, particularly focusing on marketing through press releases, special events, and volunteer coordinating.
The Both Manager will report to the Marketing Director. This will include some on-site presence for special events, as well as off-site work during non market hours.
The position is a part-time, non-exempt, position that pays a commission based on sales.
Duties can include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the Marketing Director to create advertising/press releases for Market events, activities, and merchandize.
• Coordinate with the Marketing Director to organize and execute special events for the Sunday Market.
• Tasks may include some of the following: Making posters, publicity plans and outreach for Market activities, update Market info and materials at Market and electronically, and coordinate volunteers.
• Assist with office tasks, weekly recipes, communication correspondence as assignedby the Marketing Director.
Skills and Experience
• Candidates must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours.
• Candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office, database management, andGoogle Documents
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a passion for local food, farming and abasic understanding of local food economies.
• Experience in customer-facing areas including marketing, public relations, special events management and/or related fields is desirable.
• Diplomacy, high energy and great people skills are a must.
• Some physical work is required.
Operate a van or small truck to assure the safe transportation of produce and meats to and from various destinations and to assist with loading and offloading whenever necessary.
Our Drivers operate a van or small truck over a scheduled route to transport produce and meats to various locations such as Restaurants, Grocery Stores, and Farmer's Markets.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, such as drop-off checklists, inventories, mileage, and vehicle maintenance records. Independent judgment must be exercised in handling unusual situations arising with customers and traffic conditions.
Employees receive direction and route assignments from our dispatcher. Employees are supervised by our Transportation Coordinator. Work is reviewed through observation and review of records.
Driver assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicles driven; washes vehicle and cleans interior; takes vehicle to garage for maintenance and repair.
A working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment:
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
- Ability to operate a van or small truck.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate lift equipment.
- Ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs.
Employee must possess a valid driver's license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Must be 25 years of age or older, with a clean driving record (required by our Insurance Company), and the ability to certify in defensive driver training.
Must take and successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
Also known as farm workers and laborers, a field worker plants, cultivates and harvests fruits, vegetables, and field crops by hand.
Field workers till soil and apply fertilizers; transplant, weed, thin or prune crops; and clean, pack and load harvested products.
Field workers work outdoors in different types of weather and may have a variable schedule. Work may depend on the season, such as the times when crops are planted or harvested. (Field workers can work six or seven days per week during planting and harvesting.)
This position will assist in maximizing sales at our farmers markets; assisting in the oversight of daily operations, perfect booth decor, develop informational displays, recipes, sales promotions, customer service, drive truck, and maintain equipment.